Going abroad make sure you carry along the following documents:
- A valid passport. Check at the appropriate embassy what validity term is required for the passport in the country you intend to visit.
- Child’s documents. Going on a travel, children also need a passport.
- Immigration visa, unless the country you are visiting has adopted a visa-free arrival procedure. We ask to get in touch beforehand with the representation of the respective country to obtain the necessary visa information.
- European health insurance card (EHIC) and/or private health and life insurance policy also covering repatriation costs to the home country in case of death or serious disease of a person.
- The necessary documents for your or papillary under-age children allowing them to travel together with you.
- Copies of the travelling documents, tickets and insurance policies in case the originals get lost during the travel.
- Travelling with pets, make sure that all the necessary notes about the vaccinations are in the pet passport according to the requirements of the destination country.
While being abroad, please pay particular attention to safekeeping of your documents, especially the passport. If your passport is lost or stolen, seek help in the nearest consular mission of Latvia or the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (24-hour telephone number for emergencies: +371 26 33 77 11.
For general information please visit: