Contemporary air passengers demand much more from airports than to be just a plain aircraft boarding point. RIGA International Airport (RIX) follows the trend – as most of the airports of the world we offer both quality aviation services (i.e., ground handling, passenger handling and cargo services) and Non-aviation (also known as commercial) services.
A well performing Non-aviation sector ensures a win-win situation both for passengers and airports alike – passengers have an entertaining, pleasant and comfortable stay at the airport, and on the other hand, airports can improve passenger satisfaction and gain ancillary revenues. Non-aviation sector plays an important role in the general development of RIX.
The most important Non-aviation sector services at RIX:
- convenient value-for-money parking lots located near the terminal;
- terminal commercial spaces – shops, cafes, currency exchange, rent-a-cars, offices, etc.;
- efficient and targeted advertising opportunities at the airport;
- provision of public utilities;
- development of the airport territory.
In this section you may find useful information for starting cooperation with RIX in the Non-aviation sector.