The twelve companies awarded the certificates were identified and selected in relation with the Sustainability Index by drafting the questionnaires and incorporating appropriate criteria regarding implementation of family-friendly policies in the company. The Ministry of Welfare assigned the status of a family-friendly company to the enterprises pursuing family-friendly policies both in their business activities and in a wider community context, e.g., by providing services and appropriate facilities.
Main qualification criteria for the status:
- Compliance of the premises and accommodation with children’s needs, including the children with special needs and families with toddlers;
- Health care for the staff in the workplace;
- Focus on client-oriented services;
- Rendering support to the activities devoted to children and families;
- Participation in charity initiatives;
- The company’s focus on effective coordination of work and family life, e.g. encouraging work from home, flexible or reduced working hours etc.